Alarm 4 Roadmap
Today I put together an aggressive roadmap to get Alarm 4 out the door by April 2. While the dates aren’t set in stone, I will be working diligently on meeting the dates that I have planned. Here’s a summary of my release goals:
- Alpha 1: February 15, 2010 - Main design goals completed (Scheduler)
- Alpha 2: February 22, 2010 - Secondary goals completed (Startup, Wake from Sleep)
- Alpha 3: March 1, 2010 - Other goals completed (New update system, Theming, Media Search)
- Beta 1: March 8, 2010 - Bug Fixes, code cleanup
- Beta 2: March 15, 2010 - Bug Fixes, code cleanup
- RC 1: March 19, 2010 - Bug Fixes and Finalization
- RC 2: March 26, 2010 - Final Fixes and Changes
- 4.0.0: April 2, 2010
As I have done in the past, the first patch version (4.0.1) will be released about a week later with following updates about every month or so. The alpha versions will go out only to testers. If you would like to become a tester, please send an email to email@example.com and I will add you to my list.
EDITED ON JANUARY 31, 2010: Pushed back a couple dates due to unforeseen issues.